The 2019/20 UEFA European Women’s Under-19 Championship qualifying round draw will be made in Nyon at 10:00CET on Friday 23 November, with 48 sides beginning their bids to join hosts Georgia in the final tournament.
Draw procedure seeding pots
Pot A: Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, England, Scotland, Finland
Pot B: Belgium, Czech Republic, Austria, Russia*, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Serbia*, Poland, Hungary, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Slovakia
Pot C: Turkey, Slovenia, Ukraine*, Azerbaijan*, Israel, Greece, Romania, Belarus, Wales, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Faroe Islands
Pot D: Moldova, Montenegro, Albania, Latvia, Bulgaria, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Cyprus, Kosovo*, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Armenia*
*Based on previous decisions of the UEFA Executive Committee and UEFA Emergency Panel, the following pairs of teams cannot be drawn together: Russia Ukraine, Azerbaijan Armenia, Serbia Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina Kosovo
Bye to final tournament: Georgia (hosts)
Who is involved?
• Hosts Georgia qualify directly for the final tournament in July/August 2020
• The 48 entrants start in the qualifying round where they will be split into 12 groups of four.
• There are four seeding pots in accordance with the coefficient rankings list, with the 12 countries with the highest ranking in Pot A, the next 12 in Pot B, and so on.
• Each group will have one team from each pot, with hosts then appointed to stage the mini-tournaments, provisionally scheduled between 27 August and 3 September, or 1 and 8 October 2019.
Road to Georgia
• The top two sides in every group plus the four third-placed teams with the best record against the top two in their section go into the elite round draw on 22 November 2019, with the games in spring 2020.
• Seven teams will eventually qualify for the finals to join Georgia.