The 50 players shortlisted for the annual UEFA.com fans’ Team of the Year vote represent 14 clubs and 20 different national teams.
UEFA.com users will get their chance to vote in the most spectacular annual footballing poll once the nominees are officially announced on Monday. In the meantime, how many of these gaps can you fill in?
- Seventeen of the players on the list have been nominated for the first time.
- At ??, ??? is the oldest player nominated.
- The tallest outfield player in the initial selection is ???, who stands at 1.95m.
- The shortest nominee is just 1.69m tall, ???.
- Seven of the players have made over 100 UEFA club competition appearances.
- The youngest player in the selection is just 19, ???.
- The 50 players nominated have a combined age of 1389, and an average age of 27.78. Midfield is the oldest line (average age, 28.07), with the defenders averaging a relatively youthful 27.40.
Team of the Year nominees by club
6 ???, Liverpool
3 Manchester City, ???
2 ???, ???, Marseille, ???, Tottenham
1 ???, Napoli
Team of the Year nominees by national team
3 ???, Germany
2 ???, ???, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, ???
1 ???, ???, ???, Italy, Netherlands, ???, ???, ???, ???
- There are twice as many Uruguayans as Argentinians among the nominees.
- There are three African internationals in the selection.
- Seven Serie A players have been nominated, but only one Italian.
- There are ten French nominees, but only three of those play in Ligue 1.
Team of the Year nominees by domestic league
22 ??? (???)
14 ??? (???)
7 Serie A (Italy)
5 ??? (???)
2 ??? (???)