The transfer window for all of Europe’s big five leagues is closed, but that doesn’t stop Transfer Talk from rummaging around to find out who will be moving where come January.
TOP STORY: PSG planning to swoop for Sanchez
Alexis Sanchez has struggled some since his arrival at Manchester United, but that is no deterrent for Paris Saint-Germain, who are plotting a move for the winger next summer, says the Sun.
The 29-year-old joined the Red Devils from Arsenal in January, but form has eluded him and on a handful of occasions he’s been dropped by United boss Jose Mourinho.
Sanchez earns more than £500,000 a week, and the French champions would be keen to land him on a free transfer or simply at a discount.
– Transfer Rater: James to Juventus, Lascelles to Chelsea
20.25 BST: A Spanish judge says fraud and corruption charges brought against Neymar could merit a prison sentence of up to six years when the Brazil forward stands trial.
19.45 BST In an exclusive interview, Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann told ESPN FC he would like to follow in the footsteps of several top European players and end his career by playing in MLS.
19.10 BST: And it’s Malcom part three here in our live blog today. This time an update from the man himself on where his future lies.
18.40 BST: The ongoing saga over Aaron Ramsey’s future at Arsenal seems to have reached a merciful end, with Sky Sports reporting that the Wales international has been told he won’t get a new contract at the Emirates.
18.00 BST: Angel Di Maria has committed his future to Paris Saint-Germain by signing a two-year contract extension until 2021.
The Argentina international recently expressed his hope that the French champions would be his final European club in an interview with TF1 and this new deal will keep him at Parc des Princes until he is 33.
17.05 BST: The swap loan deal that took West Bromwich Albion striker Salomon Rondon to Newcastle and saw Dwight Gayle head for West Brom is unlikely to become permanent, according to the Birmingham Mail.
16.30 BST: More on Malcom — the Mirror says Arsenal are “on red alert” amid growing reports that he could leave Barcelona in January, but adds that they will face competition from North London rivals Tottenham.
16.10 BST: Real Madrid have yet to make an official approach for Roberto Martinez, a spokesperson for the Belgian Football Association has told ESPN FC, but the association has not ruled out the possibility of releasing the coach should he want to replace Julen Lopetegui at the Bernabeu.
Elsewhere, Marca reports that Michael Laudrup has rejected an offer to become the club’s interim manager. His agent Byram Tutumlu said: “He is not looking for the chance to coach Madrid, not in these circumstances.”
15.27 BST: Juventus are interested in signing Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic.
Manchester United and Tottenham are both keen on Milenkovic but Juventus have entered the race for his signature as they look to sign a long-term replacement for 37-year-old Andrea Barzagli, according to Talk Sport.
14.45 BST: Barcelona are considering letting Ousmane Dembele leave in January.
The Catalan club are looking at potential buyers following a club meeting on Thursday night, according to reports in Spain. Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have all previously been linked with the France international.
13.59 BST: Arsenal are preparing an £8 million bid for Ajax and Argentina defender Nicolas Tagliafico, according to the Sun.
The Gunners are currently without regular left-backs Saed Kolasinac and Nacho Monreal through injury, forcing Unai Emery to play Granit Xhaka at left-back against Crystal Palace.
13.15 BST: Liverpool are one of several Premier League clubs tracking teenage Villarreal defender Adrian Corral, sources have told ESPN FC.
12.30 BST: PSG forward Edinson Cavani is flattered by rumors that Napoli are interested in re-singing him but stressed that they are just speculation.
Speaking after he won the International Golden Foot Soccer Award in Monaco, Cavani said: “They talk and talk and talk but that is all. That is football — it is like that. Me, I prefer to leave transfer talk alone and speak about good things instead. However, it is always nice to read that teams want you.”
11.15 BST: Barcelona forward Malcom has asked manager Ernesto Valverde to let him leave in January if he continues to sit on the bench, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Malcom moved to Barcelona this summer in a £36.5 million deal. He has only made two appearances off the bench for Barcelona, playing a total of 25 minutes, and Arsenal, Tottenham and Inter Milan are reportedly interested.
11.20 BST: RB Leipzig’s head of recruitment and development Paul Mitchell has said the club would be interested in signing Everton forward Ademola Lookman.
He told the Sun they “would always be open to revisiting” the prospect of signing Lookman after a loan spell in which he scored five goals in 11 games.
10.43 BST: Arsenal loanee Reiss Nelson has played down speculation of a permanent move to Bundesliga side Hoffenheim.
Nelson has scored four goals in five games, and told the Independent: “I’m an Arsenal player at the end of the day, so I have to stay and do my job here, then wherever football takes me I’ll go”.
09.42 BST: On-loan Real Madrid man James Rodriguez’s permanent transfer to Bayern Munich is no given, according to Sport Bild.
The German publication reports that the two parties could go their separate ways in the summer, with interest in the Colombian from Juventus as well as a Premier League side.
09.01 BST: Belgium boss Roberto Martinez is the new favourite for the Real Madrid manager’s role, according to the Daily Mail.
It is claimed several key figures in the dressing room were opposed to the arrival of Antonio Conte — and that has led to the board ending their interest in the Italian.
08.20 BST: Chelsea are interested in bringing former Liverpool attacker Suso to Stamford Bridge from AC Milan, according to Tutto Mercato.
Suso, 25, spent three years on Liverpool’s books before moving to Serie A in 2015. Earlier this month, he told ESPN FC’s James Horncastle that his club’s city rivals Inter Milan had tried to sign him — twice!
“Listen, I’m going to tell you something,” he said. “Write it [exactly] as I say it. This summer there was an opportunity … there was an offer to go to Inter. And [Milan’s former sporting director Massimiliano] Mirabelli was aware of it. It surprised me a little when he said publicly he didn’t know anything about it. He did. We spoke to him about it. But as I said, my intention was always to stay here, and I am very, very happy.”
PAPER TALK: Manchester United say yes to new centre-back (by James Nalton)
Meanwhile, Mourinho is expecting to be given the green light to sign a centre-back in January, according to the Manchester Evening News.
The club have regularly been linked with Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic in recent weeks, who could be the most realistic and gettable target. Other defensive names mentioned in recent months include Toby Alderweireld of Tottenham Hotspur and AC Milan’s Milan Skriniar.
Mourinho has regularly bemoaned his side’s lack of solidity at the back, but Victor Lindelof has looked more impressive in recent weeks and may well be getting a new partner come January.
Rabiot to turn down PSG deal
Liverpool transfer target Adrien Rabiot is set to turn down a new contract at Paris Saint-Germain, according to Calciomercato.
The report states that one of the midfielder’s reasons for wanting to leave the French champions is that he wants to experience football in a different league.
The Frenchman’s current deal expires at the end of the season, and he will be able to move for free if no new terms are agreed in Paris.
Jurgen Klopp’s side have been linked with the midfielder several times in the past, and Rabiot could be an ideal long-term replacement for James Milner, whose contract also runs out in the summer.
James Rodriguez receives ‘lucrative’ Prem offers
German outlet Sport Bild are reporting that a number of Premier League sides are interested in Bayern Munich’s James Rodriguez, who is on loan in Germany from Real Madrid.
The Colombian has shown glimpses of his class in the Bundesliga, and can be the best player on the pitch when he’s on his game.
Juventus are said to be favourites to sign the attacking midfielder, but the report also mentions “lucrative offers from England.” The 27-year-old was linked with Manchester United during the summer, and back in the January transfer window was rumoured to be a target for Liverpool.
– Arsenal are set to turn their attention away from signing what they believe to be overpriced homegrown players, in favour of looking for better value abroad. The Mail says the club have been offered two British players in recent months, but new head of recruitment Sven Mislintat is of the opinion that the proposed transfer fees are too high.
– Napoli will look to bring Edinson Cavani back to the San Paolo from Paris Saint-Germain, according to Italian journalist Carlo Alvino.