Here are the latest stories for Wednesday.
PREMIER LEAGUE: The transfer window is now closed until the summer. How did your club get on and what plans should be made for the summer? A full list of transfers can be found here.
– Iain Macintosh rounds up the Heroes and Villains of “Deadline Day” and the month that was.
LIVERPOOL: Jurgen Klopp said he told the fourth official that “no one can beat us” after Chelsea missed a late penalty in the 1-1 draw at Liverpool on Tuesday but apologised for his behaviour.
– Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet said he “didn’t hear the whistle” to restart play before David Luiz scored from a free kick to give Chelsea the lead.
– Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino has been fined £20,000 and banned from driving for a year after admitting drink-driving at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court.
– Liverpool’s out-of-favour defender Mamadou Sakho has joined Crystal Palace on loan for the rest of the season.
– Merseyside Police have confirmed to ESPN FC that they are investigating an incident where a plastic bottle was thrown onto the pitch during Liverpool’s 1-1 with Chelsea.
– Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard believes the club will make several new signings in the summer.
CHELSEA: Branislav Ivanovic has completed a move from Chelsea to Zenit St Petersburg on a two-and-a-half-year deal.
– David Luiz told SFR Sport Chelsea had been forced to adopt a defensive mindset to get anything from Tuesday’s testing trip to Liverpool.
– Antonio Conte says reports claiming that Chelsea had made a deadline-day bid for Celtic striker Moussa Dembele were no more than “speculation”.
– Former Chelsea star Didier Drogba has confirmed he has turned down a move to Brazilian side Corinthians after talking to the club’s president.
ARSENAL: Arsene Wenger has confirmed Aaron Ramsey suffered a calf strain in Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat at home to Watford on Tuesday but said he could not predict how long he will be sidelined.
– Wenger has said that Arsenal “were not mentally ready” to deal with Watford’s physical play in Tuesday’s loss at the Emirates, and was left questioning why his team keeps getting off to bad starts in games.
– Thierry Henry has told Sky Sports News that reported Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann “should come to the Premier League.”
– Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech has blasted his team’s first-half performance against Watford and called the defeat “a huge setback.”
MAN UNITED: Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has said Paul Pogba and Jesse Lingard should not be dancing on social media when the club are not in the Champions League positions.
– Jose Mourinho only saw enough from Anthony Martial at the weekend to name the forward on the Manchester United bench against Hull on Wednesday.
– Former Bayern Munich captain Stefan Effenberg believes Bastian Schweinsteiger can be “worth his weight in gold” to Manchester United after scoring on his first start of the season at the weekend.
– United have appointed Radoslaw Kucharski from Legia Warsaw as a scout to search for talent in Central and Eastern Europe.
LEICESTER: Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri had no doubt his side were victims of a “bad” decision by referee Mike Dean in their 1-0 loss at Burnley.
REAL MADRID: Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has been boosted by the return to training of Pepe and James Rodriguez ahead of Sunday’s game at Celta Vigo.
– Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas has said that his teammate Cristiano Ronaldo “hurts” when he is whistled by his own team’s supporters, however the club’s record-top scorer does still “love all the fans “at the Bernabeu.
DORTMUND: Borussia Dortmund’s sporting director has said he will not be drawn on “half-baked” speculation that Marco Reus could join Arsenal this summer.
– Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says he is considering leaving the German club this summer.
AC MILAN: Gianluigi Donnarumma’s agent, Mino Raiola, cannot understand why the 17-year-old has been singled out for criticism during a rough period of form for AC Milan, adding that if he is no longer wanted at the Serie A club, he can easily find him an alternative.
LIGUE 1: Dimitri Payet said he had “chills” when he came off the bench in extra-time to help Marseille edge through 2-1 against Lyon in their Coupe de France tie at the Stade Velodrome.
INTER MILAN: Mauro Icardi is adamant that Inter Milan are on the right rack as a team despite their 2-1 loss to Lazio in the Coppa italia quarterfinal on Tuesday.
MLS: The LA Galaxy signed French midfielder Romain Alessandrini as a designated player on Tuesday.
– The bid to bring an MLS expansion franchise to San Diego faces a unique challenge because of the close proximity of Liga MX side Club Tijuana to the city. But according to Nick Stone, a member of the prospective ownership group, there is enough demand for soccer in the area to support both teams.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.