Here are the latest stories for Wednesday.
BARCELONA: Luis Enrique was visibly agitated with a reporter following Barcelona’s 4-0 humiliation against Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie, but admitted his team were clearly inferior in defeat.
– Sergio Busquets said Paris-Saint German were both the better team and played more physically in the French side’s triumph.
– Neymar has said Barcelona will not give up against Paris Saint-Germain in the second leg.
PSG: Julian Draxler has warned that Paris Saint-Germain are not guaranteed to make the Champions League quarterfinals.
– Angel Di Maria paid tribute to his teammates and coach after scoring two goals, but warned that Barcelona are not yet finished.
– Paris Saint-Germain director of football Patrick Kluivert has suggested the French champions might consider a move for Barcelona’s Lionel Messi in the future if the Argentina international grows unsettled in Catalonia.
REAL MADRID: Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric has denied that coach Zinedine Zidane’s tactical tinkering has caused problems for the team, saying that the ability to use different systems at different times is an advantage.
– Spanish police have confirmed that they were called to a hotel in Madrid on Wednesday morning because of an argument between Diego Maradona and his girlfriend.
ARSENAL: Arsene Wenger has revealed he will wait until Wednesday morning before deciding on his Arsenal team to face Bayern Munich after refusing to confirm that Mesut Ozil will be selected to face the Bundesliga champions.
– Colombian goalkeeper David Ospina will start over Petr Cech though.
BAYERN MUNICH: Carlo Ancelotti believes the unique ingredients behind Champions League success are “courage, personality, experience and luck” and demanded boldness from Bayern Munich in their round-of-16 first leg with Arsenal on Wednesday.
DORTMUND: Borussia Dortmund’s Sokratis Papastathopoulos is confident that his side will progress in the Champions League despite suffering an unlikely 1-0 defeat away to Benfica on Tuesday night.
– Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s negative body language was behind Thomas Tuchel’s decision to remove the striker from the defeat at Benfica, the Borussia Dortmund coach said.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United are not worried about recent reports that Marcus Rashford is unhappy at the club and stalling over terms of a new contract, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.
– Bayern Munich received an offer of more than €100 million from Manchester United for Thomas Muller in 2015 but did not consider it, chief financial officer Jan-Christian Dreesen has told Sport Bild.
– Jose Mourinho has said Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick and Phil Jones will not play in Manchester United’s Europa League clash with St Etienne on Thursday.
– Luke Shaw is set to miss out after Jose Mourinho confirmed he was happy with his defence.
ATLETICO MADRID: Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann says he will consider his future at the end of the season, but suggested the weather in England might put him off a move to the Premier League.
PREMIER LEAGUE: Footballers who repeatedly head the ball can end up suffering from dementia, new findings have suggested, prompting calls for more research into a long-suspected issue in the sport.
ENGLAND: England manager Gareth Southgate has told his players they must improve on their current world ranking of 13th.
MAN CITY: Manchester City midfielder Yangel Herrera has joined New York City FC in Major League Soccer on a season-long loan.
– Manchester City have announced that striker Gabriel Jesus suffered a fractured metatarsal bone in his right foot against Bournemouth on Monday.
LIVERPOOL: Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has told BT Sport that the club may have won the Premier League had Luis Suarez stayed at Anfield longer.
– Liverpool midfielder Emre Can has said it was difficult to avoid criticism during his side’s recent poor run of form.
TOTTENHAM: Eric Dier says Tottenham is the “perfect place” for Dele Alli, telling Sky Sports the 20-year-old could end up as “just an asset” at another club.
CHELSEA: Chelsea wing-back Marcos Alonso has claimed monthly team meals organised by Antonio Conte and John Terry have helped to galvanise team spirit and that it shows on the pitch.
– Diego Costa is set to commit his future to Chelsea with The Sun revealing the Blues striker will sign a new £220,000-per-week contract.
INTER MILAN: Former Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti says he fell in love with Manchester City’s Gabriel Jesus, saying that he is precisely the kind of player the Nerazzurri need to sign this summer.
BUNDESLIGA: Former Germany captain Michael Ballack has said he believes RB Leipzig will win the Bundesliga sooner or later.
LIGUE 1: Lille have appointed Franck Passi as their interim manager until the end of the season amid speculation that Marcelo Bielsa will take over in the summer.
– Marseille have confirmed the termination of Lassana Diarra’s contract, although no reason was given by the club for the action.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.