Holders Salzburg are among 32 teams involved in the UEFA Youth League domestic champions path and both rounds will be drawn at 14:00CET on Tuesday, streamed live on UEFA.com.
Who is in the draw?
The entrants are the domestic youth champions of the 32 best-ranked associations in the 2016 UEFA association coefficient rankings (the same rankings used to decide access to the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League) whose title holders were not qualified via the UEFA Champions League path.
Internazionale Milano (ITA), Bordeaux (FRA), Krasnodar (RUS), Dynamo Kyiv (UKR), Ajax (NED), Bursaspor (TUR), Sparta Praha (CZE), Dinamo București (ROU), Salzburg (AUT, holders), Lokomotiva Zagreb (CRO), Legia Warszawa (POL), Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR), Hammarby (SWE), Molde (NOR), Maccabi Haifa (ISR), Esbjerg (SWE), Brodarac (SRB), Kairat Almaty (KAZ), Ludogorets (BUL), Nitra (SVK), Budapest Honvéd (HUN), Zimbru Chișinău (MDA), Breidablik (ISL), Saburtalo (GEO), KäPa (FIN), Željezničar (BIH), Vllaznia (ALB), Shkëndija (MKD), UCD (IRL), Liepāja (LVA), Dudelange (LUX), Sutjeska (MNE)
• Salzburg won the title last season after starting in the domestic champions path.
• For the first time there are entrants from Albania, Latvia and Luxembourg.
• Ajax have entered all five editions of the competition.
How does the draw work?
• The 32 teams may be split into different groups for the draw, as defined by sporting and geographical criteria.
• Any team can be drawn against any other team in their group, and the draw for the second round will also be limited to sides within the same group. The teams drawn first will stage the opening leg.
First round: 27 September 18 October
Second round: 1 22 November
What comes next?
In the draw on 11 December, the eight domestic champions path survivors will be drawn at home to the eight UEFA Champions League path runners-up in one-off ties to be played on 6/7 February to decide the eight remaining round of 16 berths. The other eight places will have been taken by the UEFA Champions League path group winners.
Play-off draw: 11 December
Play-offs: 6/7 February
Knockout draw (round of 16 onwards): 9 February
Round of 16: 20/21 February
Quarter-finals: 13/14 March
Semi-finals: 20 April (Nyon)
Final: 23 April (Nyon)
Still confused? Let this graphic explain what happens …