Protecting Minors from Betting
Tips to help prevent underage betting and gambling
All official betting sites having age verification checks to confirm that our customers are 18 or older and legally old enough to gamble. If we are unable to confirm a customer’s age through electronic checks, we reserve the right to suspend the account and request a proof of age documentation.
We recognise that the internet is readily available in many homes, as a result, gaming companies and parents must work together to protect children from underage gaming.
Tips for Protecting Minors:
- Keep your username, password and deposit details out of reach.
- Don’t save passwords or use auto-fill on your computer.
- Be sure to always log out of your Betting account to prevent access.
- Install website blocking software, such as NetNanny, which allows you to control and block access to gambling websites both on PC and mobile.
- Educate your children about the legality and potential damage of underage gambling.
- Limit the amount of time your children spend online.
- Familiarise yourself with the build in parental tools on your Mobile/Tablet/PC/TV devices
If you feel you may have an issue with underage gambling or you just want to learn more. BigDeal, run by GamCare, is an organisation aimed at young people that offers education and support about gambling.