When are the games?
First leg, Dortmund: 11 April
Second leg, Monaco: 19 April
Did you know?
- Dortmund’s overall record against French clubs is W6 D5 L5. Only one of those defeats has come at home, where their record is W4 D3 L1. In France, the German club have won two, drawn two and lost four.
- Since the beginning of last season Dortmund have lost just one of 12 home games (W9 D2) in UEFA competition.
- Thomas Tuchel’s team have lost just three of 12 European away fixtures played since the start of last term (W7 D2 L3).
- Monaco have already lost in Germany this season, going down 3-0 at Bayer Leverkusen on matchday six; they drew the home game 1-1. The Ligue 1 side’s overall record against German clubs is W7 D5 L4; W4 D3 L2 in Germany, W3 D2 L1 at home.
- Monaco are unbeaten in six home European matches this season (W5 D1).
— Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) March 17, 2017
Thomas Tuchel, Dortmund coach
It’s an exciting, albeit very tricky, draw. Monaco beat Manchester City in two spectacular games. They are a very cohesive team with a lot of individual quality and an outstanding coach. If we want to beat them, we’ll have to deliver two of our best performances.
Marcel Schmelzer, Dortmund captain
It’s an interesting task for us, it will be very demanding. Monaco not only have individually strong players, they also perform as a compact and determined team. Those are exactly the qualities we need to show over two legs if we want to have a chance. But we have proven in past Champions League seasons that we are capable of this.
Valère Germain, Monaco captain
It will be a great match. We will challenge this yellow wall in an iconic venue. To have the first leg away is cool. I predicted we would play Dortmund. It will be 50-50 even though Borussia are more used to this kind of encounter than we are. We proved against City that we can look the best teams in the eyes. We’ll be happy to meet Aubameyang.
— Kylian Mbappé (@KMbappe) March 17, 2017
Leonardo Jardim, Monaco coach
Dortmund are a team with many qualities that are used to being in the Champions League quarter finals.