Here are the latest stories for Monday.
MARSEILLE: West Ham’s Dimitri Payet has completed his return to Marseille. The 29-year-old has agreed a four-and-a-half-year deal at the Stade Velodrome after a £25 million fee was agreed earlier on Sunday.
– West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan says he is disappointed he was unable to “make an example” of Payet.
– The LA Galaxy are inching closer to acquiring Marseille winger Romain Alessandrini, a league source has confirmed to ESPN FC.
MAN UNITED: Emergency services have been called to deal with a fire at Manchester United’s Old Trafford ground in the early hours of Monday morning.
– Jose Mourinho has said that Bastian Schweinsteiger will remain at the club as a selection option beyond January and will be in their Europa League squad.
– Ashley Young is the only United player that the club are expecting to be a possible departure in the January transfer window, according to Mourinho.
– Mourinho has told GQ that he has already turned down “a big offer” to go to China.
– Mourinho has complained about Manchester United’s mounting fixture list after seeing them safely through to the FA Cup fifth round.
UNITED STATES: United States national team manager Bruce Arena said he saw plenty of positives in his team’s performance against Serbia, despite being held to a 0-0 draw.
– U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati said on Sunday that the American federation still hasn’t decided whether it will bid for the 2026 World Cup, while adding that he’s taking a wait-and-see approach to how President Donald Trump’s executive order on immigration might impact the potential bid.
LIVERPOOL: Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has accepted he was at fault after being sent home early from the club’s preseason tour last summer but said he is open to offers before the end of the window.
– Real Betis defender Riza Durmisi has said he is aware of reported Liverpool interest in him.
– Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he found it difficult to accommodate Daniel Sturridge in his side.
– Philippe Coutinho joined Liverpool from Inter Milan on Jan. 30, 2013, for a fee of £8.5m, and the Italian club have regretted the sale ever since, Glenn Price writes.
ARSENAL: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said right-back Carl Jenkinson is unlikely to complete a move before Tuesday’s deadline and dismissed speculation that he is interested in Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema.
FA CUP: Sutton United produced the shock of the FA Cup fourth round as they beat Leeds United, joining fellow non-league side Lincoln in the round of 16.
– National League side Sutton showed the magic of the cup with their win over Championship opposition, Mark Ogden writes.
– Sutton and Lincoln are among the stars of Iain Macintosh’s Heroes and Villains.
– The FA Cup fifth-round draw takes place on Monday night.
LA LIGA: Real Madrid capitalised on slip-ups by their two main title rivals to open up a four-point lead at the top of La Liga.
BARCELONA: Barcelona have called for goal-line technology to be used in La Liga after they were denied a clear goal in their 1-1 draw with Real Betis on Sunday.
– Luis Enrique said it was a point gained rather than two dropped after Barcelona were held on Sunday.
– WATCH Steve Nicol was particularly scathing of Barca’s performance despite the ESPN FC crew sympathising over the goal decision.
BAYERN MUNICH: Carlo Ancelotti has maintained the Bundesliga winter break gives Bayern Munich an advantage ahead of his side’s Champions League round-of-16 tie against Arsenal next month.
– Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti has defended his training methods, amid reports that his training lacked the intensity of his predecessor Pep Guardiola.
ENGLAND: Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana has been named England’s Player of the Year for 2016.
CRYSTAL PALACE: Patrick van Aanholt has joined Palace on a four-and-a-half-year contract from Sunderland.
WEST BROM: West Bromwich Albion boss Tony Pulis has ruled out moves for Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic and Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.