Here are the latest stories for Tuesday.
PREMIER LEAGUE: The transfer deadline is fast approaching — all deals must be in place by 11 p.m. GMT, that’s 6 p.m. ET — and Premier League clubs are expected to be the busiest in the European market. Keep up to date with all the deals as the happen, across all leagues, in our LIVE Transfer Talk blog.
FA CUP: Arsenal will visit non-league Sutton United in the fifth round, while holders Manchester United travelling to face Blackburn Rovers. FULL DRAW
– Sutton United captain Jamie Collins will be back on the building site to prepare for the non-league minnows’ fairytale FA Cup tie against Arsenal at Gander Green Lane next month.
CHELSEA: Celtic striker Moussa Dembele flew to London on Tuesday morning amid reports that Chelsea have made an enquiry to sign him in January, though sources at the Scottish club have told ESPN FC that he has travelled south in order to have a scan on his injured knee.
Schalke have confirmed they have rejected Chelsea’s bid to sign wing-back Sead Kolasinac.
– Branislav Ivanovic is to fly out to Spain to finalise his move to Zenit St Petersburg, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.
– N’Golo Kante has told SFR Sport that Didier Drogba’s unconventional rise to the top fuelled his own progress from amateur football to the Premier League.
LIVERPOOL: Roberto Firmino can play in Tuesday’s home game against Chelsea after an impending court date was pushed back by 24 hours.
– Jurgen Klopp says his Liverpool side owe their supporters a big performance against Chelsea on Tuesday night.
– Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has told BT Sport he recalls his previous encounters with Chelsea as “hatred for 90 minutes.”
– Out-of-favour defender Mamadou Sakho is drawing interest from Crystal Palace, a source has told ESPN FC.
REAL MADRID: Former Real Madrid captain Iker Casillas has defended former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo after he reacted angrily to more whistles from his own team’s fans at the Bernabeu.
PSG: Las Palmas have confirmed the loan signing of Jese Rodriguez from Paris Saint-Germain.
HULL CITY: Ryan Mason has been released from hospital eight days after fracturing his skull, the Premier League club have announced.
– The Tigers have confirmed the loan signing of defender Andrea Ranocchia from Inter Milan.
WEST HAM: Dimitri Payet feels he does not have to justify himself after forcing through his £25 million move from West Ham to Marseille.
ARSENAL: Arsene Wenger says this season’s Arsenal team has the most attacking talent he’s ever managed during his 20-year spell at the club.
VILLARREAL: Alexandre Pato has become the latest high-profile player to move to China after the Brazilian striker linked up with Fabio Cannavaro at Tianjin Quanjian.
UNITED STATES: Midfielders Jermaine Jones and Sacha Kljestan have left the U.S. training camp and will miss Friday’s exhibition against Jamaica at Chattanooga, Tennessee.
MLS: Commissioner Don Garber has accepted a San Diego investor group’s application for an expansion franchise.
– Finland international midfielder Alexander Ring is set to complete a move to New York City FC from 2. Bundesliga side Kaiserslautern, according to German outlet kicker.
– The Seattle Sounders have signed Sweden international Gustav Svensson, the club announced on Monday.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.