The UEFA European Under-17 Championship elite round has produced the 15 opponents for hosts the Republic of Ireland in May.
- Elite round results
- Qualified: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Netherlands (holders), Portugal, Republic of Ireland (hosts), Russia, Spain, Sweden
- Croatia (Group 3) miss out as the group runner-up with the eighth best record against the teams first and third in their section, after Sweden’s goal deep in added time against Serbia on Monday
- Finals draw: 19:30CET, Thursday, Dublin Arena
- Finals: Ireland, 3 to 19 May
- The finals will act as UEFA’s qualifier for Europe’s five berths at the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil later in the year.
Qualified: Italy, Austria
Qualified: Netherlands (holders), Czech Republic
Qualified: Iceland, Germany
Qualified: Spain, Greece
Qualified: Portugal, Russia
Qualified: Belgium, Hungary
Qualified: France, Sweden
The eight group winners and the seven runners-up with the best records against the teams first and third in their section join hosts the Republic of Ireland in the finals from 3 to 19 May. The draw is at Dublin Arena on Thursday.
- The Netherlands equalled Spain’s record of three U17 titles last term
- Other former winners qualified: England, France, Germany, Portugal, Russia